cargo-crev - Cargo Code REView!
Crev is a language and ecosystem agnostic, distributed Code REView system.
cargo-crev is a CLI implementation/frontend of Crev integrated with
cargo and targeting
cargo-crev is a tool helping Rust users evalute quality and trustworthiness
of dependencies they use.
How it works
- Identify your dependencies: list in many useful ways.
- Review crates: judge their safety, quality and document problems.
- Publish verifiable reviews in a public git repository.
- People download your reviews, you download reviews of others.
- Build a web of trust veting whole Rust ecosystem.
- Gain reputation and trust. Maybe even monetize it, by reving code for money.
- Implement it in your company and/or team to stay ahead!
- Never again get bitten by unreviewed and untrusted code.
Static binaries are availble on crev's releases page.
cargo-crev is a work in progress, but it should be usable at all times.
Join crev gitter channel, get help,
report problems and feedback. Thank you!
Changelog can be found here: https://github.com/dpc/crev/blob/master/cargo-crev/CHANGELOG.md