Limited implementation of the
Ink markup/scripting language for game dialog.
Currently and likely for the foreseeable future the feature set is very limited compared to Inkle's own implementation. Available features are:
- Knots, glue and diverts, ie. basic story structure
- Choices, of sticky and non-sticky kinds
- Nesting choices
- Simple conditionals for which choices are presented, but only for checking against how many times knots have been visited
- Tagging of lines and choices
Likely candidates for further development:
- Fallback choices
- Line text variations: sequences, cycles, variables, conditionals
- Includes of other files
- De/serialization of finished stories through
Difficult features for which I doubt my skill level to implement:
- Advanced flow control: tunnels and threads
- Verifying that all story branches are complete
- Mathematics and heavy logic
See the documentation or the provided example for a minimum viable story processor.
Writing this has mostly been for fun and to create a simple game, hence the lack of features. Contributions are welcome!