So far, in-memory deflate encoding (without lazy matching, and no zlib dictionary or gzip support yet) has been is implemented. No unsafe code has been used. Currently not very optimised.
let data = ...; let compressed = deflate_bytes(&data);
Other deflate/zlib rust projects
- libflate Bindings to miniz.c that are part of the rust distribution.
- flate2 FLATE, Gzip, and Zlib bindings for Rust
- Zopfli in Rust Rust port of zopfli
- inflate Pure rust DEFLATE decoder
- miniz-rs Direct rust translation of miniz.c
deflate is distributed under the terms of both the MIT and Apache 2.0 licences.
bitstream.rs is © @nwin and was released under both MIT and Apache 2.0
The test data (src/pg11.txt) is borrowed from Project Gutenberg and is available under public domain, or the Project Gutenberg Licence