See the GitHub project dendrite2go/archetype-rust-axon for an example of how to use this code.
- Command / Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS)
- Domain-driven Design (DDD)
- Event Sourcing
- Futures and async/await
- Service Mesh (video: talk by Jeroen Reijn)
This project has now reached the level of Minimal Viable Deliverable in the sense that the first phase is completed: the current application communicates with AxonServer properly. Like archetype-go-axon it can do the following:
- ☑ Set up a session with AxonServer
- ☑ Enable React app to call a RPC endpoint on the example-command-api service through grpc-web
- ☑ Issue commands
- ☑ Register a command handler and handle commands
- ☑ Submit events
- ☑ Stream events to UI
- ☑ Retrieve the events for an aggregate and build a projection
- ☑ Validate commands against the projection
- ☑ Register a tracking event processor and handle events
- ☑ Store records in a query model: Elastic Search
- ☑ Store tracking token in Elastic Search
- ☑ Register a query handler and handle queries
- ☑ Show query results in UI
Now it would be nice to:
- Add macros to make the definition of handlers more ergonomic
- Add in-memory caching of aggregate projections
- Add support for storing snapshots of aggregate projections in AxonServer.
- Add support for segmentation to distribute the load on tracking event processors.
- Add support for sagas.