A Rust library for managing, installing and launching Minecraft instances and more.
This crate provides the following features (some are locked behind features):
- Complete installation of Minecraft from the official resources
- Launching the game in a vanilla fashion (No additional Java classes)
- Authentication with Microsoft/Minecraft servers for online play
- Usage of instances to ease installation, launching and managing multiple installs
- Supports installing and launching with the fabric loader.
- Managing of various objects used and created by Minecraft (Logs, Resourcepacks, Save Games, Screenshots, Servers, Mods, Shaderpacks)
Add this to your
[dependencies] cobble-core = "1.2"
To get started, see various examples of this crate here.
This crate is based on the tokio async crate. Some functionality requires a tokio runtime.
This crate can’t be tested using every Minecraft version there is (I sadly do not have time for that). This means I try to test this crate with some different versions. Most tests are for the newer releases of Minecraft.
The following versions have been tested:
If you have success using different Minecraft versions, you can open a Pull Request to add it.
auth: Provides authentication support for online mode.
backup: Provides functionality creating and loading backups. Currently implemented for
Serializeimplementation for many structs.
vanilla(default): Includes features
log-files(default): Provides functionality for reading and extracting log files.
resourcepacks(default): Provides functionality for interacting with resourcepacks.
save-games(default): Provides functionality for interacting with save games.
screenshots(default): Provides functionality for interacting with screenshots.
servers(default): Provides functionality for interacting with servers.
modded: Includes features
fabric: Provides functionality for installing and launching with the fabric loader.
loader-mods: Provides functionality for interacting with mods.
shaderpacks: Provides functionality for interacting with shaderpacks.
cobble-core is distributed under the terms of the MIT license.
See LICENSE for details.