This crate provides a software-rendered surface for
The goal of this crate is to provide a minimal drawing functionality
for every platform supported by
winit even if the drawing APIs that we
usually assume are available, such as OpenGL¹, aren't available in the
target environment. This crate is also useful as a fallback when they are
available, but failed due to an unrecoverable error.
To this end, this crate is designed to panic only when preconditions are not met or under very pathologic circumstances that would cause winit to panic.
- Partial update - The application can redraw a portion, but
swsurfacealways sends entire the windowfor now
- Support for platforms other than: macOS, Windows, X11, Wayland
- X11: Support for color depths other than 24
- X11: Transparency
- Multi-threaded rendering (
- Color management - we'll try to stick to sRGB for now
Configuration for a
Describes the format of a swapchain image.
A software-rendered surface that is implicitly associated with the
underlying window (like
A software-rendered window.
Specifies a pixel format.