Rust library to open URLs in the web browsers available on a platform
Inspired by the webbrowser python library
use webbrowser; if open.is_ok
|macos||✅||default + others||✅|
|linux/*bsd||✅||default only (respects $BROWSER env var, so can be used with other browsers)||✅|
|haiku||✅ (experimental)||default only||❌|
webbrowser defines consistent behaviour on all platforms as follows:
- Non-Blocking for GUI based browsers (e.g. Firefox, Chrome etc.), while Blocking for text based browser (e.g. lynx etc.)
- Suppressed output by default for GUI based browsers, so that their stdout/stderr don't pollute the main program's output. This can be overridden by
Looking to contribute?
PRs invited for
- Support for other platforms, e.g. iOS
Important note (while testing):
- This library requires availability of browsers and a graphical environment during runtime
cargo testwill actually open the browser locally
When contributing, please note that your work will be dual licensed as MIT + Apache-2.0 (see below).
Licensed under either of
- Apache License, Version 2.0, (LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT license (LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.