# RustCrypto: Digital Signature Algorithms
This crate contains traits which provide generic, object-safe APIs for
generating and verifying [digital signatures].
Used by the [`ecdsa`] and [`ed25519`] crates, with forthcoming support
in the [`rsa`] crate.
See also the [Signatory] project for trait wrappers for using these traits
with many popular Rust cryptography crates, including `ed25519-dalek`, *ring*,
`secp256k1-rs`, and `sodiumoxide`.
## Minimum Supported Rust Version
Rust **1.41** or higher.
Minimum supported Rust version can be changed in the future, but it will be
done with a minor version bump.
## SemVer Policy
- All on-by-default features of this library are covered by SemVer
- MSRV is considered exempt from SemVer as noted above
- The off-by-default features `derive-preview` and `digest-preview` are
unstable "preview" features which are also considered exempt from SemVer.
Breaking changes to these features will, like MSRV, be done with a minor
Licensed under either of
* [Apache License, Version 2.0](http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
* [MIT license](http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted
for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be
dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.
[//]: # (badges)
[//]: # (general links)