# OpenCL Heads
**NOTE:** This project is currently under heavy development, we advise you to use the version 0.3.x onwards for your project dependencies. Thank you for your support!
Library that contains OpenCL FFI headers.
This library is intended to support future version of OpenCL while maintaining long term support for Rust.
By **Long Term Support**, we commit to fix bugs and to _actively maintain_ proper functionality of this library over the years. We also plan to create several milestones for this project to have _sustainable development_ over long period of time.
This library is intended to provide these features alongside of traditional ones.
1. Compatible with latest OpenCL version (3.0)
2. Lightweight Headers
3. Periodic Bug Fix Management
4. Optimizations for High Performance
5. Ease of Use and Simplicity
6. Types and Functions Safety
This library can be installed in two ways.
1. Precompiled library files (for major platforms), you can download those from the [release section](https://github.com/diabloxenon/opencl/releases/) of this repository.
2. Build it yourself (needs cargo installed obviously), instructions are simple: `cargo build --release` and to test the functions on your platform: `cargo test`
There are 3 types of release lifecycle associated with this project, described as below:
1. **Major** releases `x.0.0` supports the version jump from Khronos OpenCL. Before updating to these versions, be sure to review changelog first.
2. **Minor** release `0.x.0` integrates new library features or Khronos OpenCL Header updates. Generally these changes are safe and are non-disruptive to previous releases.
3. **LTS** releases `0.0.x` supports critical bug fix and patches and are safe to update to these versions without second thought.
Project is Apache-2.0 licensed, please read `LICENSE` file to know more about the license.
* Copyright 2020-2021 Naman Bishnoi
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
See `CREDITS.md` file for heartiest thanks and acknowledgement to other awesome developers out there.
The OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are the registered trademark of Apple Inc.
This project is made with 🩸 💦 😢 by [Naman Bishnoi](https://twitter.com/namanbishnoi) [@diabloxenon](https://twitter.com/diabloxenon)