This library contains a driver for E-Paper Modules from Waveshare.
Support for more than the 4.2in EPD (especially the smaller and faster ones) is in the work.
The 2.9in (A) and 1.54 (A) variant should both work but aren't tested yet.
|Device (with Link)||Colors||Flexible Display||Partial Refresh||Supported||Tested|
|4.2 Inch B/W (A)||Black, White||✕||Not officially ||✔||✔|
|1.54 Inch B/W (A)||Black, White||✕||✔||✔|
|2.13 Inch B/W (A)||Black, White||✕||✔|
|2.9 Inch B/W (A)||Black, White||✕||✔||✔|
4.2 Inch E-Ink Black/White
Out of the Box the original driver from Waveshare only supports full updates.
- : Be careful with the quick refresh updates: It's possible with this driver but might lead to ghosting / burn-in effects therefore it's hidden behind a feature.
|CS||SPI chip select (Low active)|
|DC||Data/Command control pin (High for data, and low for command)|
|RST||External reset pin (Low for reset)|
|BUSY||Busy state output pin (Low for busy)|
There are two types of Display Configurations used in Wavedshare EPDs, which also needs to be set on the "new" E-Paper Driver HAT. They are also called A and B, but you shouldn't get confused and mix it with the Type A,B,C and D of the various Displays, which just describe different types (colored variants) or new versions. In the Display Config the seperation is most likely due to included fast partial refresh of the displays. In a Tabular form:
|Type A||Tybe B|
|1.54in (A)||1.54in (B)|
|2.13in (A)||1.54in (C)|
|2.13in (D)||2.13in (B)|
|2.9in (A)||2.13in (C)|
- add more examples (e.g. for f3)
- improve the partial drawing/check the timings/timing improvements/....
- for later: add support for the smaller waveshare epds
- License: Stay with ISC (=MIT) or go to the Apache+MIT Dual License as used in many other projects?
Chars and Strings work with a 8x8-Font.
Support for bigger sized/independent Fonts is in work.
There is an example for Raspberry Pi in the example folder.