cargo-vs • autogenerate visual studio solutions / projects
cd my-rust-project cargo install cargo-vs cargo vs2017 "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" vs\vs2017.sln
vs/.gitignore since many/most projects don't want .vsode boilerplate checked in IME (although I always provide mine)
vs/vs2017/*.vcsproj - Makefile style projects which will invoke
cargo +stable-%ARCH%-pc-windows-msvc build --target %ARCH%-pc-windows-msvc --package [package] [--bin|--example] [target] [--release]
When MSVC configures a build environment, rustc will pick up the
On the plus side, this means it should work for new VS versions rustc doesn't recognize.
On the minus side, this means that
build.rs and your target use the same linker, and must match architectures.
This could be "fixed" by clearing a bunch of environment variables, but...
- Easier to retrofit support for legacy Visual Studio versions
- Presumably easier to integrate into your existing C++/C# msuild mess
- I can't figure out how to launch the graphics debugger with .vs/*
- Proper build matricies
Licensed under either of
- Apache License, Version 2.0 (LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT license (LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.