Please check the build logs and, if you believe this is docs.rs' fault, open an issue.
This module provides a Rust interface for AF_XDP built on libbpf-sys (https://github.com/alexforster/libbpf-sys).
The goals of this crate, in order, are:
- Ease of use
The API works for my current use cases but I expect it will change to achieve higher performance and usability.
If you have knowledge of Rust FFI and general Rust unsafe things I would greatly appreciate some help auditing this crate as my experience in this area is limited.
- HUGE TLB: At present this module always uses HUGETLB to map the memory.
- ZEROCOPY: At present this module always passes the ZEROCOPY flag which only works with a small number of drivers.
- Only the chunked memory mode is supported.
- Currently this module is not 'safe' because Bufs can outlive the memory pool they are associated with. I believe fixing this will require adding an Arc to each Buf. I have not had the time yet to determine the performance impact of this and would appreciate any other ideas.
- Allow more configurability of AF XDP features.