This crate provides a push based XML parser library that adheres to XML5 specification. In other words this library trades well-formedness for error recovery.
The idea behind this, was to minimize number of errors from
tools that generate XML (e.g.
S won't just return
as text, but will parse it into
You can check out full specification here.
What this library provides is a solid XML parser that can:
- Parse somewhat erroneous XML input
- Provide support for Numeric character references.
- Provide partial XML namespace support.
- Provide full set of SVG/MathML entities
What isn't in scope for this library:
- Document Type Definition parsing - this is pretty hard to do right and nowadays, its used
Serializer for XML5.
XML5 tokenizer - converts input into tokens
XML5 tree builder - converts tokens into a tree like structure