rav1e is an AV1 video encoder. It is designed to eventually cover all use cases, though in its current form it is most suitable for cases where libaom (the reference encoder) is too slow.
- Intra and inter frames
- 64x64 superblocks
- 4x4 to 64x64 RDO-selected square and 2:1/1:2 rectangular blocks
- DC, H, V, Paeth, smooth, and a subset of directional prediction modes
- DCT, (FLIP-)ADST and identity transforms (up to 64x64, 16x16 and 32x32 respectively)
- 8-, 10- and 12-bit depth color
- 4:2:0 (full support), 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 (limited) chroma sampling
- Variable speed settings
- Near real-time encoding at high speed levels
Color model information
Encoder configuration and settings
Basic data structures
Commonly used types and traits.
Contains the encoder configuration.
The encoder context.
Encoder settings which impact the produced bitstream.
Represents a packet.
Status that can be returned by
Enumeration of possible invalid configuration errors.
Types that can be used as pixel types.
Trait for casting between primitive types.
A type that can be used as a pixel type.