A simple, secure module for dealing with fungible assets.
The Assets module provides functionality for asset management of fungible asset classes with a fixed supply, including:
- Asset Issuance (Minting)
- Asset Transferal
- Asset Freezing
- Asset Destruction (Burning)
To use it in your runtime, you need to implement the assets
The supported dispatchable functions are documented in the
- Admin: An account ID uniquely privileged to be able to unfreeze (thaw) an account and it's assets, as well as forcibly transfer a particular class of assets between arbitrary accounts and reduce the balance of a particular class of assets of arbitrary accounts.
- Asset issuance/minting: The creation of a new asset, whose total supply will belong to the account that issues the asset. This is a privileged operation.
- Asset transfer: The reduction of the balance of an asset of one account with the corresponding increase in the balance of another.
- Asset destruction: The process of reduce the balance of an asset of one account. This is a privileged operation.
- Fungible asset: An asset whose units are interchangeable.
- Issuer: An account ID uniquely privileged to be able to mint a particular class of assets.
- Freezer: An account ID uniquely privileged to be able to freeze an account from transferring a particular class of assets.
- Freezing: Removing the possibility of an unpermissioned transfer of an asset from a particular account.
- Non-fungible asset: An asset for which each unit has unique characteristics.
- Owner: An account ID uniquely privileged to be able to destroy a particular asset class, or to set the Issuer, Freezer or Admin of that asset class.
- Zombie: An account which has a balance of some assets in this pallet, but no other
footprint on-chain, in particular no account managed in the
The assets system in Substrate is designed to make the following possible:
- Issue a new assets in a permissioned or permissionless way, if permissionless, then with a deposit required.
- Allow accounts to hold these assets without otherwise existing on-chain (zombies).
- Move assets between accounts.
- Update the asset's total supply.
- Allow administrative activities by specially privileged accounts including freezing account balances and minting/burning assets.
create: Creates a new asset class, taking the required deposit.
transfer: Transfer sender's assets to another account.
force_create: Creates a new asset class without taking any deposit.
force_destroy: Destroys an asset class.
destroy: Destroys an entire asset class; called by the asset class's Owner.
mint: Increases the asset balance of an account; called by the asset class's Issuer.
burn: Decreases the asset balance of an account; called by the asset class's Admin.
force_transfer: Transfers between arbitrary accounts; called by the asset class's Admin.
freeze: Disallows further
transfers from an account; called by the asset class's Freezer.
thaw: Allows further
transfers from an account; called by the asset class's Admin.
transfer_ownership: Changes an asset class's Owner; called by the asset class's Owner.
set_team: Changes an asset class's Admin, Freezer and Issuer; called by the asset class's Owner.
Please refer to the
Call enum and its associated variants for documentation on each function.
balance- Get the asset
total_supply- Get the total supply of an asset
Please refer to the
Module struct for details on publicly available functions.
Autogenerated weights for pallet_assets