Netapp is a Rust library that takes care of a few common tasks in distributed software:
- establishing secure connections
- managing connection lifetime, reconnecting on failure
- checking peer’s state
- peer discovery
- query/response message passing model for communications
- multiplexing transfers over a connection
- overlay networks: full mesh, and soon other methods
Of particular interest, read the documentation for the
message::Message trait, and
proto::RequestPriority to learn more
about message priorization.
Also check out the examples to learn how to use this crate.