ncollide is a 2 and 3-dimensional collision detection library written with the rust programming language.
As its name suggests, it is generic wrt the dimension: it works with both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional shapes.
Simply add the following to your
[dependencies] ncollide2d = "0.22" # For 2D collision detection. ncollide3d = "0.22" # For 3D collision detection.
- dynamic bounding volume tree based broad phase
- ball vs. ball collision detection,
- plane vs. any convex object collision detection.
- collision detection between arbitrary convex objects
- compound shapes
- time of impact computation for objects without rotational movement (compound vs. compound is not yet implemented)
And various traits for collision detectors and broad phase collision detection.
Interpolation of the motion of an object.
Compilation flags dependent aliases for mathematical types.
Spatial partitioning tools.
Persistent and time-coherent collision detection.
Procedural mesh generation.
Non-persistent geometric queries.
Collision shapes supported by ncollide.
Transformation, simplification and decomposition of meshes.
Various unsorted geometrical and logical operators.