Game Client Engine provides functionality specific to game clients such as:
- Rendering using hardware acceleration (uses vulkano)
- Handling OS integration, populating window context and processing input (uses winit)
- Processing and playing audio (planned)
The library intentionally does not support the following:
- Networking, as it should be shared between game clients and servers.
- Game logic, the details of game logic implementation are left up to the using code. Gaclen provides the bases for creating the client for the game.
- The library is in active development and has limited functionality at the moment.
- Members exposes with 'expose-underlying-vulkano' feature use nightly documentation. The links will be broken.
Graphics provide hardware accelerated rendering.