⚠️ This is very much work in progress, so please don't try to use it just yet!
Starship is a Rust port of the minimalistic, powerful, and extremely customizable prompt Spaceship ZSH.
The project is beginning as a port of Spaceship ZSH, but will be improved in areas where Spaceship ZSH was previously limited:
- Concurrency of segment logic execution
- Memoization of expensive operations
- Safety and error handling
- Testability of code
- Cross-shell support with JSON or TOML config files
We will not be aiming to achieve full parity with Spaceship ZSH as a result, so I am very open to discussing and reevaluating new solutions and ideas for the prompt.
I'm very new to Rust, so any help is appreciated when it comes to improving development patterns, writing idiomatic Rust, performance, safety, etc. 😄
- Prompt character turns red if the last command exits with non-zero code.
- Current Node.js version(
- Current Rust version (
- Current Python version (
- Current Go version (
- Package version of package in current directory (
- Current battery level and status
- Current Git branch and rich repo status:
=— conflicting changes
⇡— ahead of remote branch
⇣— behind of remote branch
⇕— diverged changes
?— untracked changes
$— stashed changes
!— modified files
+— added files
»— renamed files
✘— deleted files
- Indicator for jobs in the background (
- Execution time of the last command if it exceeds the set threshold.
.starshiprcconfiguration (JSON or TOML)
- Custom sections given commands or binaries
- Fish shell
- Z Shell
- Per-segment benchmarking
- Per-segment unit + integration tests
- Shell + OS matrix acceptance tests
- Rust v1.33 or higher
cdto the root of the starship repo
Install the starship binary:
cargo install --path .
Navigate to the adapters directory
Install the fish shell prompt with fisher:
Install the zsh theme:
cp starship.zsh-theme ~/.oh-my-zsh/themes
~/.zshrc, find the line with
ZSH_THEME=and set it to
To test locally run the below command:
cargo run -- $status
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!