Salva is a 2 and 3-dimensional particle-based fluid simulation engine for games and animations. It uses nalgebra for vector/matrix math and can optionally interface with nphysics for two-way coupling with rigid bodies, multibodies, and deformable bodies. 2D and 3D implementations both share (mostly) the same code!
Examples are available in the
examples3d directories. Because those demos are based on
WASM and WebGl 1.0 they should work on most modern browsers. Feel free to ask for help
and discuss features on the official user forum.
Why the name Salva?
The name of this library is inspired from the famous surrealist artist
Salvador Dalì. The logo of
is inspired from its renown painting The Persistence of Memory.
- Pressure resolution: DFSPH and IISPH.
- Viscosity: DFSPH viscosity, Artificial viscosity, and XSPH viscosity.
- Surface tension: WCSPH surface tension, and methods from He et al. 2014 and Akinci et al. 2013
- Elasticity: method from Becker et al. 2009
- Multiphase fluids: mix several fluids with different characteristics (densities, viscosities, etc.)
- Optional two-way coupling with bodies from nphysics.
- WASM support