A simple tool for packaging nannou project builds.
This tool is useful for packaging nannou projects into a named and dated architecture-specific archive for distribution. The nannou-package tool does the following:
- Finds the parent Cargo.toml directory.
- Finds the latest target/release/.
- Creates a "builds" directory in the project root.
- Creates "/name-arch-os-yyyymmdd-hhmmss/" inside "builds".
- Copies the /target/release/ into the new directory.
- Copies the assets directory into this new directory if it exists.
- Zips the entire new directory.
- Removes the new directory.
Install the nannou-package tool with the following:
cargo install nannou-package
Use the tool by changing to the project directory, running nannou-package and following the prompts. NOTE that the project must be built before running nannou-package, otherwise there will be no executable to package. In other words one of the following two commands must be run before packaging:
cargo build --release
cargo run --release