Geospatial Primitives, Algorithms, and Utilities
Chat or ask questions on Discord
geo crate provides geospatial primitive types such as
Polygon, and provides algorithms and operations such as:
- Area and centroid calculation
- Simplification and convex hull operations
- Euclidean and Haversine distance measurement
- Intersection checks
- Affine transforms such as rotation and translation.
Please refer to the documentation for a complete list.
The primitive types also provide the basis for other functionality in the
Geo ecosystem, including:
- Coordinate transformation and projection
- Serialization to and from GeoJSON and WKT
- Working with GPS data
// primitives use ; // algorithms use ConvexHull; // An L shape let poly = polygon!; // Calculate the polygon's convex hull let hull = poly.convex_hull; assert_eq!;
Contributions are welcome! Have a look at the issues, and open a pull request if you'd like to add an algorithm or some functionality.
Licensed under either of
- Apache License, Version 2.0 (LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT license (LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.