Cernan is a telemetry and logging aggregation server. It exposes multiple interfaces for ingestion and can emit to mutiple aggregation sources while doing in-flight manipulation of data. Cernan has minimal CPU and memory requirements and is intended to service bursty telemetry without load shedding. Cernan aims to be reliable and convenient to use, both for application engineers and operations staff.
Why you might choose to use cernan:
- You need to ingest telemetry from multiple protocols.
- You need to multiplex telemetry over aggregation services.
- You want to convert log lines into telemetry.
- You want to convert telemetry into log lines.
- You want to transform telemetry or log lines in-flight.
If you'd like to learn more, please do have a look in our wiki.
Buckets are the primary internal storage type.
Provides the CLI option parser
A 'sink' is a final destination for telemetry and log lines. That is, a
'sink' is that which is at the end of a