This is the library at the core of the ‘cargo dist’ CLI. It currently mostly exists for the sake of internal documentation/testing, and isn’t intended to be used by anyone else. That said, if you have a reason to use it, let us know!
It’s currently not terribly well-suited to being used as a pure library because it happily writes to stderr/stdout whenever it pleases. Suboptimal for a library.
pub use tasks::*;
- Computing the Announcement
- The backend of cargo-dist – things it outputs
- Functionality required to invoke
- Config types (for workspace.metadata.dist)
- Functions to parse and manipulate the environment
- Functionality required to invoke a generic build’s
- Details for hosting artifacts
- The Linkage Checker, which lets us detect what a binary dynamically links to (and why)
- Utilities for managing DistManifests
- Code to compute the tasks cargo-dist should do
- Run any necessary integrity checks for “primary” commands like build/plan
- Get the default list of targets
- cargo dist build – actually build binaries and installers!
- Generate any scripts which are relevant (impl of
cargo dist generate)
- Run ‘cargo dist init’
- Just generate the manifest produced by
cargo dist buildwithout building
- Get the list of all known targets
- The inner impl of do_generate