This library implements the BLS12_377 curve generated in [BCGMMW20, “Zexe”].
The name denotes that it is a Barreto–Lynn–Scott curve of embedding degree 12,
defined over a 377-bit (prime) field. The main feature of this curve is that
both the scalar field and the base field are highly 2-adic.
(This is in contrast to the BLS12_381 curve for which only the scalar field is highly 2-adic.)
- Base field: q = 258664426012969094010652733694893533536393512754914660539884262666720468348340822774968888139573360124440321458177
- Scalar field: r = 8444461749428370424248824938781546531375899335154063827935233455917409239041
- valuation(q - 1, 2) = 46
- valuation(r - 1, 2) = 47
- G1 curve equation: y^2 = x^3 + 1
- G2 curve equation: y^2 = x^3 + B, where
- B = Fq2(0, 155198655607781456406391640216936120121836107652948796323930557600032281009004493664981332883744016074664192874906)